Lead Interior Designer
This high-end residential design-build firm seeks a Lead Interior Designer with a strong residential interior design – furnishings and construction background. This candidate understands the construction process and sequence, and has experience designing and executing for construction heavy projects. Position reports to Principal, and mentors junior design team members, works with clients, builders, contractors, vendors, and subcontractors to meet overall project objectives.
Responsibilities include generating design concepts for furnishing project and execution, product selection and correspondence with specialty artisans and fabricators, and internal team members. Position also responsible for design for remodeling, and new construction. Lead Designer acts as client liaison and lead project implementer, and sources all materials, fixtures, and finishes, and ensures project finances managed within budget. Responsible for creation of construction documents, creation and management of construction schedule and jobsite management assistance.
Qualified candidates for this Northwest Hills firm will: be true go-getters with a strong ability to work with minimal guidance; have the drive to get things done; be good at wearing multiple “hats”; be able to see the big picture of a project from start to finish; love collaboration; build strong, positive working relationships as part of a growing team.
- Have minimum 3 – 5 years experience in interior design firm or high-end builder/construction firm
- Professional degree in interior design required
- Super-proficient in SketchUp, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Comprehensive experience with residential design and construction documentation and procedures
- Strong communications and presentation skills – written and verbal
- Communicate effectively with GC’s, vendors, clients and designers
- Ability to prioritize workload & manage time effectively
- Experience with furniture space planning, sourcing and selection
- Working knowledge of cabinetry and millwork design and detailing
- Experience with Studio Designer a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail
- High-energy, friendly, and upbeat
- Thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with Apple computer applications a plus
Salary: Competitive base salary plus commissions, employer contributions 401K, weekly fitness lunch, PTO, paid holidays
Submit cover letter, resume, portfolio, and sample construction documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requested items required for consideration.
Join The Team
Candidates should forward cover letter, resume, BEST ONLY samples which demonstrate experience & knowledge of design process including portfolio of completed projects, hand-renderings, materials boards, and professional references to Paige@gingerwooddesign.com